BROW APPOINTMENT GUIDE
How do I make an appointment?
IF YOU ARE A NEW CLIENT, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION THOROUGHLY BEFORE BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
If you are a new client to me, please note:
* please do your due diligence in ensuring that you are an appropriate candidate for services. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not have any health-related contraindications that will disqualify you from services, and that you are going to be able to follow the pre-care instructions and aftercare instructions. This is a tattoo-procedure on your face - please treat it as such and do your research
* the initial 6-8 week touchup is not included in the price of the first appointment (we get this question a lot)
* if you've had previous PMU/tattooing on your eyebrows I will not accept you as a new client unless I've approved the previous work (I've had to send a lot of clients home that showed up without getting approval first). It does not matter if you think your previous work has faded "enough". It does not matter if your previous eyebrow tattoo was over 10 years ago. If you show up to an appointment with previous eyebrow tattooing/PMU that has not been approved, you will be sent home and the deposit, as always, is non-refundable. If this applies to you, scroll down to the bottom of this page for instructions on submitting photos of your eyebrows for approval
* a deposit is always required to book an appointment. The deposit is and always has been non-refundable. To reiterate, please ensure that you do not show up with previous eyebrow tattooing/PMU that has not been approved, & please ensure that you are an appropriate candidate for services by reading through the hyperlinks listed above. The deposit fee is non-refundable
How do I reschedule my appointment?
You can always reschedule your appointment as long as your appointment is more than 48 hours away. You do not need to let me know that you're rescheduling - you can simply make the reschedule online without any questions asked so long as your appointment is outside of the 48 hour window.
To reschedule your appointment, you’ll need to access your appointment confirmation email &/or text - meaning, the email &/or text that was sent to you when your appointment request was approved. On both the confirmation email & confirmation text, you will find a link to reschedule at the bottom of the linked page. The non-refundable deposit you paid for your original appointment will be transferred over to your newly rescheduled appointment, so there is no penalty for rescheduling if need be - that is, again, so long as you're rescheduling outside of the 48 hour window.
If your appointment is less than 48 hours away, the system will not allow you to reschedule your appointment. This means that if you're unable to attend the day/time you originally scheduled your appointment for, your appointment and the non-refundable deposit you paid when you scheduled your appointment will be forfeited. If you intend to still get your eyebrows done, you will need to book a brand new appointment online & put down a brand new non-refundable deposit to secure your new day & time.
We do not reschedule appointments directly for our clients nor do we refund the non-refundable deposit. Please plan accordingly & utilize the system in place when rescheduling your appointments.
What services do you offer & how much does it cost?
I do not offer brow lamination, waxing, tinting, threading, etc.
I am a tattoo artist. I offer the following PMU/tattoo services:
- Microblading + Manual Shading
- Powder/Ombre Brows
- Combo Brows
- Tiny Tattoos
Here is a quick breakdown of services/rates. Scroll down for more details.
$700, New Clients with virgin eyebrows only (Microblading, Manual Shading, Powder Brows, or Combo Brows)
$800, New Clients to me that have had their eyebrows tattooed by another artist (approval required)
$400, 13-18 month touchup
$350, 9-12 month touchup
$300, 6-8 month touchup
$100, 6-8 week touchup
$175 & up, approval required
$200 non-refundable deposit required to book an appointment. Deposit is applied to full balance
• VIRGIN EYEBROWS ONLY: $700
microblading, microblading + manual shading, powder brows, or combo brows are all the same price. Virgin eyebrows means you have never had PMU and/or tattooing done on your eyebrows in the past.
• COVER UP OF PREVIOUS WORK FROM ANOTHER ARTIST: $800
approval is required before booking an appointment. This appointment is reserved for clients that have had PMU and/or tattooing done on your eyebrows in the past. See below for instructions.
$100 non-refundable deposit required to book an appointment. Deposit is applied to full balance
• 6 TO 8 WEEK TOUCHUP: $100
this appointment is for a client's first touchup. it is not available for booking online - it will be booked for clients during their first appointment. the cost of this touchup is NOT included in the initial appointment. It is a separate appointment that requires a separate payment of $100.
• 6 TO 8 MONTH TOUCHUP: $300
recommended for very oily skin.
• 9 TO 12 MONTH TOUCHUP: $350
recommended for combination to normal skin.
• 13 TO 18 MONTH TOUCHUP: $400
recommended for normal to dry skin.
• TINY TATTOOS: $175 & UP approval and full consultation is required before booking an appointment. Email your tiny tattoo ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org to intiate your consultation.
Please note, if you are booking an appointment as a new client and you have had your eyebrows done by another artist - no matter how long ago you got them done - I will need to see photos of your eyebrows to determine if I will be able to take you on as a new client. Please scroll down to the very bottom of this page for instructions on how to send photos in of your previous eyebrows for a consultation.
I've had several clients book an appointment as a "new client" and they've showed up to their appointment with previous brow tattooing or PMU done that has not been approved for a cover up. Some clients have even gone so far as to claim that they never had their eyebrows tattooed before when they clearly have as indicated by faded blue or green ink left over in the skin. I will always be able to see under my lights if you've had previous work done.
These clients have been turned away for not following instructions.
It does not matter if you think they're faded out enough - If you book an appointment as a "new client" and you show up to your appointment with previous work done that I have not approved, you will absolutely be turned away and you will not receive the $200 non-refundable deposit back.
How do I request a consultation?
I do not provide in-person consultation appointments because the full consultation is completed in the first hour of a booked appointment as a new client. In lieu of this, I am happy to do a full consultation with you by email.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for instructions on how to submit photos for your free consultation.
Where are you located?
BROWS BY KATRINA LLC
8 Crow Canyon Court, Suite 105
San Ramon, CA 94583
**BY APPOINTMENT ONLY**
What methods of payment do you accept? (see here for payment assistance plans)
A non-refundable deposit is *required* to book an appointment. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to your full appointment total, & the remaining balance will be due on appointment day after your appointment is complete.
The non-refundable deposit can be paid by all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Afterpay*.
For the remaining balance that will be due on the day of your appointment, all credit card-related transactions (all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, & afterpay) will have a 5% processing fee automatically added to the remaining balance.
Cash is an additional payment method that is accepted for your remaining balance on appointment day.
As with all small business, our preferred payment method is cash!
Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, Personal Checks, etc, are not accepted forms of payment. Please plan ahead!
*Afterpay allows you to pay in 4 interest-free installments! All you need is the afterpay card or app installed on your phone. Tap here to learn more!
MORE INFO ON AFTERPAY
We have partnered with afterpay so that you can pay for your brows in installments.
Afterpay is basically a middleman between merchants and customers.
You can use afterpay to pay for your deposit, and or for your remaining total balance. All you need is the afterpay card or the afterpay app installed on your phone.
Will you accept me as a client if I've had my brows tattooed by another artist?
Approval is required for clients to book an appointment if they've had previous tattooing, microblading, or ombre/powder brows done (no matter how long ago your last session was).
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for instructions on how to submit photos for review.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for your services?
The eyebrow services I provide are luxury services that are high in demand! Unfortunately, not everyone is a good candidate to receive services :(
First, all clients must be at least 18 years or older.
Second, the skin in & around the eyebrow area MUST be free of wrinkles & acne.
- Wrinkles in the eyebrow area indicate a more mature skin type. Because mature skin is significantly thinner than youthful skin, the results of any of our services will end up healing ashy in color (blueish/gray) within a matter of weeks due to the integrity of the skin. In addition, it is nearly impossible to tattoo straight lines (microblading hairstrokes) into this skin type due to the wrinkles/curvature of the skin. The risks for this skin type outweigh the benefits. Clients that have wrinkles in their eyebrows unfortunately will be turned away as a result - please do not book an appointment if this applies to you. Remember, the deposit is non-refundable.
- If clients have acne in the eyebrows, they will be turned away due to the high risk of infection & complications. Our services require the artist to open the skin up to implant ink underneath the top layer of the skin. If we implant ink into/around the eyebrow while acne is present, the bacteria in the acne can cause infections, including but not limited to staph & MRSA. These are very serious complications.
Third, all clients must understand that our services require a team effort. Meaning, all clients are responsible for their part in ensuring that they follow ALL pre-care instructions & ALL aftercare instructions. Just as surgeries require patients to follow pre-care & aftercare instructions, the same goes for any of our services. Clients that are unwilling or unable to follow these instructions not only risk poorly healed results, but are putting themselves at a high risk of infection which we will not assume responsibility for.
Next, the services we provide are a process of layering. The skin in and around our eyebrows is much thinner than the skin on our bodies. Therefore, pigment must be very carefully implanted into a very shallow layer of the skin upon the initial appointment. A touchup appointment is required & scheduled 6 to 8 weeks after the initial appointment to carefully add another layer of ink into the existing layer to ensure that the color maintains vibrance. After the initial touchup appointment, clients must come in once a year to refresh the color. It would be unrealistic to expect perfect results after just one session, & clients who do not have the patience to build the density of their brows over time are not good candidates to receive our services.
Last but not least - there are health-related contraindications that automatically disqualify you from receiving services at Brows By Katrina LLC. If any of the following apply to you, we will not be able to accept you as a new client:
• auto-immune diseases (this includes, but is not limited to: lupus, celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, etc.)
• high blood pressure &/or heart conditions (including pacemaker patients)
• taking prescribed blood-thinning medications
• scheduled surgery(s) in the next month
• tendency towards keloids and/or scarring
• accutane users in the last year
• extremely oily and/or problematic skin
• actively pursuing aggressive, life-sustaining treatment such as chemo, radiation, dialysis, etc
• allergies to lidocaine, epinephrine, and/or stainless steel
To learn more about these contraindications, please tap here.
Which PMU service will be best for my eyebrows?
I provide 4 different types of PMU (permanent make-up) techniques for my brow babes:
• Microblading & Manual Shading
• Powder Brows
• Combo Brows
The technique that will look best on you depends on feature details, such as your skin tone, skin undertone, brow hair color, brow hair texture, brow hair growth, etc. Obviously, because everyone's skin tones/undertones & eyebrows are different, there isn't one service I will ever recommend across the board. The service type that will give you the most natural looking results will be recommended to you at your appointment, based on the aforementioned features.
What do I need to do before my appointment?
A lot of discontinuing of our favorite things (ie sunbathing & coffee!)! :(
I send all of my clients a very detailed video the week before their appointment. This short video covers all of the pre-care instructions that are required of them as well as everything that they can expect for appointment day.
What can I expect after my appointment?
My goal is to ensure that you still look like yourself because we kept your eyebrow PMU as natural as possible! They will temporarily become darker within the first few days. The skin will begin to regenerate after about a week's time (this is the phase where the skin starts to shed so new skin can grow) and when this happens, your eyebrows will start to lighten up. I have a complete animated timeline for you to checkout on our aftercare instructions: TAP HERE TO VIEW!
How long is each appointment?
The initial appointment is anywhere from 2.5 to 3 hours. Touchup appointments are anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours.
Does it hurt?
A topical anesthetic (5% lidocaine) is used before the procedure. A secondary anesthetic (also 5% lidocaine) is used during the procedure.
In other words - I will numb you before and during your appointment for maximum comfort. While some of my clients experience mild discomfort, the majority of my clients fall asleep during their appointments. Everyone's sensitivity and pain tolerance will vary. I can tell you this - no one has ever asked me to stop mid-procedure due to pain intolerance. Most clients report that it feels similar to tweezing or light scratching.
How long will my tattooed eyebrows last?
Usually, results will last for 1-3 years although there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this question since everyone will retain pigment in their skin differently due to lifestyle, environment, skin type, etc. Touchups are highly recommended to keep your brows looking fresh.
Why are touchups needed?
The services I provide are all a process of layering pigment into a VERY shallow layer of the skin.
An initial touchup 6-8 weeks after your first appointment is required in order to build the density of color and vibrance in that same, shallow layer of the skin. This way, the built up color will hold you over for a full year or more.
After your first touchup, I will let you know how often you should be coming back in for touchups. The reason this is dictated during your first touchup appointment is because I need to see how your skin retained the pigment from your first appointment. Your healed results will be factored in with your skin type and lifestyle, and your next touchup timeframe will be based off of all of the above.
It is best to space your touchup appointments out as far apart from each other as possible. The ink needs ample amount of time to fade out before coming in for a touchup for optimal results.
Less touchups = better longevity.
When you book an appointment as a new client, you sign off on understanding and agreeing to our Cancellation Policy as well as our Terms & Policies Agreement. As indicated in our Terms & Policies Agreement:
“I understand that if I do not attend the required touchup appointments within the required touchup time frames (6-8 weeks refinement session from my initial microblading appointment, and every 6-18 months thereafter for maintenance), that I will be reset to a new client and will incur new client fees should I choose to book another appointment. I understand that there are zero exceptions to these rules.”
What this means is that if your last appointment with me was in 2017, and you request to make a “touchup appointment” with me in 2023 - your request will be denied. After 5 years, the appointment is no longer considered a “touchup” - we have to start all over again which means you will have to book an appointment as a brand new client. This policy in addition to all of the other policies are in place for a reason - so do be sure to do your due diligence in reading them before booking your appointment.
Do you take walk-in appointments?
We do not accept walk-in appointments, and never have. We are by appointment only.
Do you do in-home visits?
Absolutely not. As tattoo artists, we are mandated by the state of California to practice only in approved licensed & permitted body art facilities & or events. Our studio is licensed and permitted as a body art facility and school - this is the only location that we operate out of.
How do I schedule a tiny tattoo appointment?
To initiate a tiny tattoo consultation, email me! email@example.com
I do the entire consultation by email so that when you come in for your actual appointment, we don’t waste any time doodling out your tattoo drawing.
Once you’re 100% satisfied with the consultation/drawing, you’ll be given the green light to book your appointment.
Prices vary and start at $175. This includes all of the time spent on the consultation/drawing plus the actual tattoo appointment.
Do not book an appointment without completing a consultation. If you do, your request will be declined.
PS: I do TINY tattoos. Tiny, meaning very fine-lines, and tiny in size. I don’t do pieces that are any bigger than 3 or 4 inches. Again.. tiny. :)
How much experience do you have?
• I am professionally trained as a makeup artist (MAC Cosmetics), est. 2007
• I started Microblading in 2017, began teaching Microblading in 2019, & launched a Microblading product line in 2022
Aside from the artistry, if any of this matters to you:
• I worked +10 years in healthcare. A sterile environment and universal infection precautions are sorta my jam
• I have a bachelor's degree in communications. I am VERY thorough
• As of 2022, I am 37 years young
• I do not work any other side gigs or jobs - Brows By Katrina LLC is my whole entire world :)
I have more questions. How do I contact you?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.