1. You must be 18 years or older with a legal ID.
2. You must complete an approved, online Bloodborne Pathogens Training Course per California State and Contra Costa County laws/regulation.
3. You must possess an active Body Art Practitioner License (aka tattoo license), OR, you must obtain a temporary body art practitioner license with the Contra Costa County Health Department prior to working on a live model on your last day of training.
4. All students are required to screen & provide their own live model to work on on the last day of training. Model requirements will be sent to students upon registration. This will give you a feel for what it will be like to find paying clients once you start your business.
(please note the fees listed below are separate from my course tuition fee, meaning you will be responsible for the fees listed below)
Must complete an approved, online Bloodborne Pathogens Training Course per California State and Contra Costa County laws/regulation
Roughly 2 hours to complete online and will cost you anywhere from $15 to $30.
A list of approved courses from the county will be sent to all students upon registration.
Must possess an active Body Art Practitioner License (aka tattoo license) OR a Temporary Body Art Practitioner License per California State and Contra Costa County laws/regulation.
Most beginner students do not have an active tattoo license and this is NORMAL! I will guide you through the process of obtaining a temporary license so that you can legally practice on a live model under my supervision during your training. The temporary license will be issued to all artists by the Contra Costa County Health Department. There is no way around this - in order to practice on a live model you have to have either an active license or temporary license. It is the law in California. This will cost you $145. The registration fee is $100 and the application fee is $45. More info here: https://cchealth.org/eh/body-art/pdf/Temporary-Practitioner-Application.pdf
$500 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat
Remaining $1995 due on first day of training
*PAYMENT ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
A $500 non-refundable deposit fee is required in order to register for the course & reserve your seat. The remaining balance of $1995 is due on the first day of in-person training.
The deposit can be paid with credit card, tap to pay, Apple Pay, google pay, or afterpay.
The remaining $1995 balance can be paid with all of the payment methods listed above, or cash.
This is our payment assistance plan. Afterpay can be used for both the deposit and the remaining tuition fee - meaning both payments ($500 & $1995) can be broken down into 4 separate interest-free installments.
Please check out their website for more information on how it works and how to register for afterpay’s payment assistance plan. They make it super easy to register:
- Premium starter kit (mailed upon registration)
- 1 year online course access (login info will be sent upon registration)
- Certificate of completion
- Microblading + Shading handbook
- Lifetime support
- Work on a live model under full supervision
- Shadow Opportunities
REGISTER FOR A CLASS
Registration begins with submitting the $500 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat. Once received, your kit will be mailed and your online course/login info will be sent to you.
In-person training sessions will run Friday through Sunday from 1030a to 5p on all days.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
This course runs for a total of 5 days and is broken down as follows:
- 2 days of online training
- 3 days of in-person training*
*small group sessions only. Seats are limited to 4 students max per in-person training session
Once you register for the course, you will be mailed your starter kit and will be given access to the online lecture material.
The online material + accompanying homework assignments must be completed prior to coming in for in-person training.
DAYS 1 + 2 (online, self-paced)
- Business 101
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Marketing + Photography
- Organization + Communication
- Skin Theory
- Color Theory
- Pigment Overview
- Needles + Blades
- Brow Mapping
- Stroke Patterns
- Manual Microblading + Shading Overview
- Touchup Appointments
- Self-Directed Homework/Practice with Mailed Practice Kit + Tools
DAY 3 (in-person)
- Hands-on Practice: Brow Mapping (4 Methods)
- Stroke Patterns
- Microblading Technique
- Manual Shading Technique
DAY 4 (in-person)
- Live Model: Full Instructor Demo + Student Observation
- Pigment Testing
- Manual Microblading + Shading Depth + Practice
- Mannequin Demo
DAY 5 (in-person)
- Photo/Video Practice + Editing
- Manual Microblading + Shading Practice
- Fully Supervised Student Demo on Live Model
The first 2 days of this course must be completed by you, online - it is self-paced.
All 3 days of in-person training will take place at my studio in San Ramon, California.
Send any further questions to email@example.com.